PICPC Report – May 2018
PICPC Committee Notes
Ebony read traditions
Secretary (Kjerstin E.): Kjerstin read old minutes. Minutes were approved and 2nd.
(Send minutes to Elayne at firstname.lastname@example.org, and Chris L.)
Chair (Alyssa W.): Alyssa attended Intergroup with Chris L., as the PICPC Committee Area rep was also in attendance. Alyssa talked with the intergroup committee about how the PI posters were attraction and not promotion. It was discussed that is attraction since the posters will be displayed in places where alcoholics who may need help with stopping drinking will be, so they can get in contact with AA.
Also Alyssa will be getting in touch with Doug Kriefels from DHHS to see about possible ways the committee may work with the state.
Treasurer (Luke H.): Total balance is $496.19
Literature (Jessi H.): Getting literature from Kjerstin tonight. Getting Grapevines from Erika soon, and will make a plan to distribute them next month. Will be ordering literature after the workshop in May, to go through in July.
Intergroup: Alyssa and Chris attended in March, and communicated the report from Intergroup to the PICPC Committee (see Intergroup minutes). PI Chair from Area attended to give AA contact info cards. Alyssa will attend intergroup this month, as Chris is out of town.
– Workshop 5/23 1:00-4:00:
All speakers have been confirmed. One speaker change for traditions, it is now Steve U. The speakers are now: Steve U. – Traditions; Erika – Service; Mallory – Transitioning from Treatment to AA; Carter – Fellowship; Jeremy – Sponsorship.
– Alyssa did not yet contact Doug Kriefels from DHHS, but will do so by next month.
– Cindy is drafting a letter to send to Stephen’s Ministry about ways the PICPC Committee can be of service to the group. Cindy will also send the letter to KVC, Jenda, Cedars, Better Living (providers who support DHHS workers).
– Jessi contacted Kendal, a chief of fire fighters, and they will discuss potential ways the committee can work with the firefighters and the chaplains.
– It was determined to bring the PI posters to the workshop
– Chris L. will be contacting Fiserv, Nelnet/Allo, Inspro Insurance to see how the committee can be of service to them.
– Ebony is going to be looking into contacting probation see how the committee can be of service to them.