Intergroup Meeting Minutes – September 2016
Intergroup Meeting September Minutes – September 30, 2016
Chairman: Not Present
Alt Chair: Eric
Treasurer: Not Present
Began the meeting @ 6:31 pm following the Serenity Prayer
The AA Traditions were read by: Howard
Officers present: 2
Committees present: 5 (Central Office, Corrections, Hotline, PICPC, Treatment)
Group chair members present: 6 (Young People, First 164, Ladies Big Book, How It Works, Sunday Night Workshop, Monday Night Stag)
Districts present: 1 (21)
Total People Present: 16
Minutes approved for August 2016
BALANCE FORWARDED FROM AUGUST 2016 $2,122.19
LADIES BIG BOOK STUDY $120.00
BRING YOUR OWN CUP $27.50
Total Contributions: $147.50
Total Expenditures: $0.00
ENDING BALANCE FOR SEPTEMBER 2016 $2,269.69
RESERVE FOR 2016 COMMITTEE BUDGETS:
Treatment Committee $582.46
Corrections $ 51.89
Hotline $ 20.00
Website $ 1.95
Intergroup Committee $ 50.00
Total Budgeted Expenses: $1,049.42
AVAILABLE BALANCE AFTER COMMITTEE BUDGETED EXPENSES: $1,220.27
Thanks to the group that contributed this month! Please mail check to:
Mail checks to:
Lincoln Intergroup State of Nebraska GSO
P.O. Box 6366 Area 41 Grand Central Station
Lincoln, NE 68506 2350 P Street PO Box 459
Lincoln, NE 68503 New York, NY 10163
Respectfully submitted in service, Lindsay B., Treasurer, 402.326.3005
Chair Report: Not Present
Alt Chair: Attended District 21 Meeting to present voting item for Huddle
Central Office Committee: (Neil)
- Voting Item: what to do with Archives if CSO/Meeting Place was no more
- Open House for Archives – Oct 2
- New Meeting Lists will be in soon
Corrections Committee: (Joe)
Funds: Beginning balance of $159.86. Paid CO $30 for rent (July – December)
Ending Balance: $129.86
- City County Jail: Some potential volunteers have submitted applications & are going through background checks
- Community Corrections Center: Tuesday night men’s in-house 12 step study continues with a small but dedicated group of inmates
- D&E: Attendance at Wednesday’s meeting is smaller. Facility has requested new literature (see new business)
- RTC: Saturday night meeting is going well with a core group of 10-12 inmates
Old Business: NONE
- Bill requests 5 hardback Big Books for D&E. Motion made and passed.
- Joe requests 2 hardback 12x12s for CCCL. Motion made and passed.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, Oct 4 at 6pm, room 2A, The Meeting Place (28th & S)
Hotline committee: Beth V.
- Typed up all the sheets of names/numbers that were turned in and sent them to the answering service
- She will take them to Marcella this week
Treatment Committee: Alyssa W.
- Workshop coming up Oct 16, 1-4pm, 12 steps at Independent Center
- Fliers are out
PI/CPC Committee: Jessi H.
- Ordered old grapevines for Mental Health Awareness walk ($54)
- Ordered literature for CPC workshop ($463)
- Luke will pick up lit at Area in Oct
- IC Workshop was approved for CEUs
- Phone lists given to District 32
- Work on UNL Meeting continues. A few options for the location. Church by NE Bookstore is promising. Kj will contact before next meeting (St. Marks on the Campus Episcopal Church)
- Contact SCC about coming out to speak again
- SuperFair will reach out when new vendor info is available for 2017
- Mental Health Awareness Walk coming up Sept 30 — Alyssa attending
- Support for 5th Floor at St. Elizabeth’s (new PICPC member who works on this floor)
- Discussion on how to help:
- Meeting lists, grapevines, 20 questions pamphlet and 2 big books (Alyssa & Kj will get this for Ebony)
- Ebony will ask how the committee can be helpful (having a Q&A session, etc?)
- Discussion on how to help:
- Discussion on education needed for St. Moncia’s (what AA does and doesn’t do)
- Pockets donated some “This Is AA” pamphlets in Braille to the committee (after meeting disbanded)
- Motion made to donate these to the Accessibilities committee at Area. (Motion passed)
- Luke will take these to the committee chair in Oct.
Website Committee: Not Present
District 21: Eric F.
- Discussion of a winter workshop. Ideas welcome!
- Continued discussion for a short time
- Moved to a vote
- Voting item passed (9 to 0)
- Committee Budgets due in October
- Motion to move the November meeting up a week (due to Thanksgiving)
- Passed: Meeting Nov. 18
- Request for committee reps to bring printed copies of support (20 copies)
- Discussion. Mentioned that this was a requirement in the Intergroup handbook?
Meeting closed at 7:21 p.m. and we all gathered for the Serenity Prayer.
The next meeting is Friday, September 30 @ 6:30 p.m. @ Willard Community Center-1245 S. Folsom St.