District 21 – December 2009
December 20, 2009
Open at 4:30 with 12 Traditions
Secretary’s Report (Matt S.): Approved as read
Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer did not show to meeting, so no report
Intergroup Report (Pat D.): See Attached.
Spirtual Actions (Jay D., Emily S.)
- Good attendance at the quarterly speaker meeting.
Sufficient Substitute (Sam R.)
- Good turn out at their anniversary meeting.
- Their meeting attendance is steady and regular.
Pocket of Enthusiasm (Demetra S.)
- Will fund an interpreter for the hearing impaired on the 1st week of the month if schedules work out for those participating.
Seeking Solutions (Amy Z.)
- Attendance is up to 80-90 people. The anniversary breakfast will be February 27th , 2010 from 9-11 am.
DCM Report (Amy Z.)
- DCM is researching district boundaries, and the meetings that are in them, since there is no definitive map showing this information.
- Suggestion made to give completed mapping information to area, so it can be posted on the website.
- Motion to move January District 21 meeting to January 10 due to Area Assembly. Motion seconded and passed.
- Sufficient substitute is submitting an agenda item at the next Area Assembly. “The Area 41 newsletter only include background material on agenda items when the item is up for vote.”
- District will vote on the new voting items at the January 10th District meeting.
Next District meeting is January 10th at 4:30
District 21 Intergroup Report (Pat D.)
- Ending Balance $ 2258.68
District and group info
- Dist. 22 still needs payment for great paradox workshop.
- Pockets of enthusiasm and spiritual actions checks have not cleared at the district level.
- Dist. 29 is looking for topics for the four corners workshop in may.
- The new web host is “Go Daddy”, which is cheaper and provides the same services.
- There has been discussion of putting a link on linkaa webpage for recovery.org.
- Special events is changing their meeting time from 10:30am to 1 pm on the third Sunday of the month.
- They still need help.
- The alcathon fliers are out.
- The Christmas party had 80-90 people in attendance and lost $37.55. However, the alcathon bought the remaining water and popcorn, so the Christmas party made $13.
- Matt C. is currently the intergroup hotline co-chair until the end of January.
- A new co-chair is still needed for the hotline. Ron R. is the new corrections committee chair.
- Their balance is $219.98.
- Sign up sheets for the hotline need to be dropped off at the cental office by January 31st for the 1st quarter of 2010.
- Chad O. and Joe G. are holding meetings at the county jail.
- CCL drivers no longer need to attend a workshop to pick up inmates. They only need to fill out an application and have a background check.