Intergroup – December 2012

Intergroup
Meeting Minutes – December 28, 2012
Lincoln Intergroup
PO Box 6366
Lincoln, NE 68506

Officers:
Chairman: Bob B.
Vice Chairman: Ron R.
Secretary: Jessi W.
Treasurer: Dick S.
Began the meeting @ 6:30 pm
The AA Traditions were read by: Dawn

Roll
Officers present: 4
Committees present: 3
Group chair members present: 13
Districts present: 3
Total People Present: 17

Minutes approved for November 2012

District reports:
Mark (03)

    • Have a new GSR
    • Talking about a 4 corners workshop in the 4th quarter of 2013

Tom (21)

•Discussing workshop to be held either April 14 or 17
• In January, their meeting will be held at Bryan LGH West, classroom 2.

Mike E. (22)

  • Same balance
  • Area voting items

Stacey N. (29)  – Area voting items

Treasurers Report:
Balance forward:                                     $1,606.42
Contribution(s):     Women’s Circle of Friends        $20.00

Expenditures:        Hotline                    $  4.72
Ending Balance                                        $1622.20

Reserve for 2012 Committee Budgets
Treatment            $    500.00
PICPC (Corrected)        $    235.74
$    735.74
**Intergroup’s Balance after these Obligations                        $   886.46
** This balance indicates where intergroup would stand at the end of the year, if all money requested by committees is disbursed and no more contributions are taken in from AA groups.

2013 Budget Request
Treatment Committee            $ 1,000.00
Corrections (2012 – $750)                  TBA
Hotline                    $      20.00
Website                $    100.00
PICPC                    $    600.00
Intergroup                $    250.00
$ 1,970.00
Thanks to groups who contributed this month!
Mail checks to:
Lincoln Intergroup
P.O. Box 6366
Lincoln, NE 68506
Respectfully your servant, Dick S., Treasurer

Committee Reports:
Central Office Committee: (Jim K.) – No meeting, no report

Corrections Committee: (Ron R.) – Meeting: December 4, 2012
Balance                                $357.23
(This is the balance from last month; it was incorrect in last month’s minutes)
(City-County Jails) – Joe G.  Nothing new.
(CCCL) – Tom E. In-house 12 Step study on Tuesday nights continues to go well.
(RTC) – Bill O.  The lockdown is over, and the AA volunteers have resumed their Saturday night meeting. Bill will contact Bill B. to see how AA matters are going at State Pen.
(D & E) – Bill O. The Monday and Wednesday night meetings continue to go well. The Monday night meeting is in need of AA volunteers. Contact Bill O. if interested.
(Old Business) – Ron has contacted Joel E, treasurer of Treatment Committee, regarding money this owe us for Corrections/Treatment workshop in October. Should be receiving a check soon.
(New Business) –  Ron reports that Intergroup would like an itemized budget from the Corrections committee for 2013, even though we are not requesting money from Intergroup. The only expenses we foresee for the coming year are:

One case of hardback Big Books:     $200.00
Rent to Central Office:            $  60.00
Estimated expenses:            $260.00

Current Treasury:            $357.23

The amount we are requesting from Intergroup is:     $0.00

**Next Meeting, Tuesday, January 8 at 6pm – Meeting place (28th & S), room 2A

Hotline committee: (Brian C.)
Calls – 80
Requesting Meeting Info – 69
12 Step Calls – 11
Not answered –18
** New sheets are in affect for January.

MEMBERS:  Please note, there are numbers and information on the back of the sign-up sheet to further assist the groups and our responsibilities. Suggest to people signing up they save the numbers in their phone so they know it’s the hotline when a call comes through.

PI/CPC Committee: (Jessi H.)

  • Balance: $593.32
  • Still trying to find the right person to talk to at Treatment Centers to let them know we exist.
    • We are contacting Treatment centers to build a relationship with their staff.
    • Also to see if we can help in any way or refer to treatment committee. We were unsure if treatment committee works with for profit centers.
  • Pamphlets are in the process of being dropped off to hospitals.
  • Meeting with Drug Court in January to see what their needs are for this monthly meeting.
    • We will invite people who we think would be interested in helping with this particular project to our January meeting.

Treatment Committee: (Becky R.)  –

  • Need a new chair (old stepped down)
  • Would like help from a past treatment committee chair (Want to be sure they are accountable)
  • Balance: $116.96
  • Buying Big Books and good pamphlets for detox
  • Buying a kit for treatment committee from area for some direction.
  • Would like help contacting treatment facilities on a monthly basis.

Website Committee: (Ron E.)

      • Minutes posted from all 4 districts, central office posted
      • Some meetings have changed
      • Meeting lists for fall/winter now posted in on website (printer friendly version)

Special Events Committee: (Kevin) – not present
**Meets 3rd Sunday of the Month at 1pm at the HiWay Diner. (This is no longer listed on the meeting list for some reason.)

For more info on all committee reports visit www.LincAA.org.

Old Business:

  • Dick will pay rent on Jan. 2 for ALL OF 2013.
  • Intergroup pamphlet
    • Updates have been made
      • Lincoln Foxhall would like to see the Intergroup definition come from GSO’s website
      • Life Preservers liked it a lot.
    • Motion to change “telephone answering service” to “hotline”
      • Tabled b/c chair is absent
    • Need to look at GSO’s statement —
      WHAT IS A CENTRAL OFFICE?

A central office (or intergroup) is an A.A. service office that involves partnership among groups in a community—just as A.A. groups themselves are partnerships of individuals. A central office is established to carry out certain functions common to all the groups—functions which are best handled by a centralized office—and it is usually maintained, supervised, and supported by these groups in their general interest. It exists to aid the groups in their common purpose of carrying the A.A. message to the alcoholic who still suffers.

To see more information from GSO: http://www.aa.org/en_pdfs/mg-02_centralorinter.pdf

 

      • Table this until Feb.

New Business:

  • Concern that we may be out of money by June or July.
    • Reps believe groups will not let that happen.
  • Question: Should we include committee balances in with Treasurer’s report?
    • Can we ask committees to do a biannual financial report?
    • Motion: Committees provide a Biannual Financial Report (In June and December)
      • MOTION PASSED

Meeting closed at 7:25 p.m. and we all gathered for the Serenity Prayer.

The next meeting is Friday, January 25, @ 6:30 p.m. @ Willard Community Center-1245 S. Folsom St.

Thank you for allowing me to be of service,
Jessi H.

Posted in Intergroup