Intergroup – February 2012

Meeting Minutes – February 24, 2012
Lincoln Intergroup
PO Box 6366
Lincoln, NE 68506

Officers:
Chairman: Bob B.
Vice Chairman: Ron R.
Secretary: Jessi W.
Treasurer: Dick S.

Began the meeting @ 6:30 pm
The AA Traditions were read by: George L.

Roll was taken:
Officers present: 4
Committees present: 5
Group chair members present: 10
District present:

Minutes approved for January 2012

District reports:

(03) – Still no DCM. About $40 in account.

Tom (21) – Good showing from their district at Area.

  • Had more GSRs present than any other district.
  • Starting to think about planning Unity Picnic again, this year maybe in Pioneers Park.
  • Trying to gather group histories from meetings in district.
  • District 22 DCM visited to share about Grapevine workshop.
  • Balance: $383.84.

Jessi/Mike E. (22) – Establishing a prudent reserve of $850.

  • Will make disbursements by next meeting.
  • Discussion of the Grapevine Workshop/Chili Cook Off.

Albert S. (29) – No report given; check online for notes.

Treasurers Report:
Balance forward: $3,919.78
Contribution: $59.00
Expenses: $150.00 – Corrections Committee Disbursement
Ending working Balance: $3,828.78
Prudent res: $ 200
Thanks to the groups that contributed.

Mail checks to:
Lincoln Intergroup
P.O. Box 6366
Lincoln, NE 68506
Respectfully your servant, Dick S., Treasurer

Committee Reports:

Central Office Committee: (Jim K.) – Meeting Jan. 19, 2012

Treasurer’s Report: Income         $7,658.73
Expenses     $5,475.33
Gain/Loss    $2,183.40

  • Still need 2 alternate board members
  • Reminder to bring Intergroup up in meetings
  • John V. no longer on board
  • Jim K. completed central office meeting contributions list (copies of this are available at the Central Office if you are interested)
  • 60 Minutes requested sales figures for conference vs. non-conference literature.
  • Jim K will ask D.R. if he would like to be on the board.

Corrections Committee: (Ron R.) – Meeting Feb. 7
Beginning Balance            $169.30
Paid CO for rent to June    $   30.00
Received disbursement        $150.00
New Balance                $289.30
(LCF)  – Chad’s meeting is now at Downtown Jail on Tuesday afternoons at 1pm. Rotating between C and D pods.
(CCCL) – Tom E. Men’s in-house 12 step study on Tuesday night is going well.
(D & E) – Bill O; Wednesday night meeting going well.
(RTC) – Bill O – Saturday night meeting going well.
(Old Business) – Met with Parker & Becky from Treatment Committee to discuss having a joint workshop. Discussed what committees have in common, like Bridging the Gap. Shooting for a fall workshop.
(New Business) – Ron will check with Attention Center to see if they need anything. Joe will do the same for the Crisis Center.
**Next Meeting, Tuesday, March 6 at 6pm – Meeting place (28th & S), room 2A

Hotline committee: (Brian C.)
Calls – 79
Requesting Meeting Info – 55
12 Step Calls – 24
Not answered – 54 (only 3 calls when thru 8-9 calls, most only went thru 2 people)

Passed out Hotline Signups for the spring, please return at March meeting. This list will be effective April-June. These forms will also be posted online soon.

MEMBERS:  Please note, there are numbers and information on the back of the sign-up sheet to further assist the groups and our responsibilities. Suggest to people signing up they save the numbers in their phone so they know it’s the hotline when a call comes through.

PI/CPC Committee: (Jessi W.) – Meeting February 12.

  • Continuing planning for Professional Workshop. Waiting to see if it will be approved by the state for CEUs.

Treatment Committee:

  • Parker attended to request their disbursement. They need to purchase Big Books and 12x12s to take places.
  • Will be meeting with Corrections again to further discuss workshop.

Website Committee: (Ron E.)
Received minutes from Districts 21 & 29. Need to check about District 22, will talk to Mike.
January Activity
1901 Visits (1092 Unique Visitors)
3991 Page Views (2.10 Pages/Visit)
Meeting List (53.2% of Visits)
Homepage (27.3% of Visits)
**Received a suggestion to integrate Google maps into the meeting list, so people can find where meetings are.

Special Events Committee: (Jeremy M.)

  • Carol will be stepping down from treasurer position.
  • Balance is ABOUT $472.68. The committee lost $360 on the Christmas Party. Considering changing the date and location??
  • In need of donations for raffle for 4th of July picnic.
  • If interested in helping, contact Jeremy.

**Bernice suggested the committee look at hosting the Labor Day picnic.

For more info on all committee reports visit www.LincAA.org.

Old Business:

  • Update on Anniversary Celebration
    • Mike E met with Robert C. Two things are needed
      • To know if there is even interest in having this event
      • A committee is needed; they have 2 people
    • Lots of discussion as to why it is separate from Special Events and how it used to be and how many years is the anniversary for.
    • Jeremy M suggested putting the Anniversary and Special Events back together.
    • Another suggestion was to have this group run through Intergroup.
  • Jessi motioned to table discussion until Robert can attend the meeting to explain more. Motion passed.

New Business:

  • PICPC requested funds for literature along with their disbursement. Request was for $108.61 to complete the disbursement request. $405.65 was requested for literature for the workshop mostly. Literature will be ordered from Area 41 rather than GSO.
    • Request that PICPC keep track of how much literature is used at the workshop so other groups might have an idea of what to order in the future. PICPC agreed to do so.
    • Motion to approve request was passed.
  • Young People’s would like to know how many committees have received disbursements. Requested to see where money has been given lately.
  • Mike E introduced the Grapevine Workshop/Chili Cook Off.
    • Will be  Saturday, May 12, 2012 at the Center for People in Need from 11-4
    • Has met with all districts and many groups to talk about it and request funding to back the workshop
    • Budget – needs $125, came to intergroup with $75 already. Requested $55 from intergroup.
      • Motion to fund him. Seconded. Approved!
      • Intergroup’s name will be on the flyer for the event as a supporter.

Meeting closed at 7:33 PM, and we all gathered for the Serenity Prayer.
The next meeting is Friday, March 30 @ 6:30 @ Willard Community Center-1245 S. Folsom St.
Thank you for allowing me to be of service.
Jessi W.

Posted in Intergroup