Intergroup – July 2012

Meeting Minutes – July 27, 2012
Lincoln Intergroup
PO Box 6366
Lincoln, NE 68506

Officers:
Chairman: Bob B.
Vice Chairman: Ron R.
Secretary: Not Present – Thank you to Stacey N. for filling in and taking minutes.
Treasurer: Dick S.

Began the meeting @ 6:30 pm

The AA Traditions were read by: Stacey N.

Roll
Officers present: 3
Committees present: 4
Group chair members present: 8
Districts present: 1
Total People Present: 17

Minutes approved for June 2012

District reports:
(03) – Not present
Tom (21)  – Not Present
Mike E. (22) – Not Present
Stacey N. (29)

    • Stacey has official been elected as the District 29 intergroup rep.

Treasurers Report:

Balance forward: $1,995.27

Contribution(s):
One More Time            $35.00
Big Book AA                $25.00
Total: $2,055.27

Expenditures:
PICPC Committee – July (3 of 4)    $250.00
Treatment Committee – July (2 of 4)    $250.00
Ending Balance $1,555.27

Reserve for Committee Budgets
Corrections: $450.00
Treatment: $500.00
PICPC (Corrected): $235.74
Total: $1,185.74

**Intergroup’s Balance after these Obligations: $369.53

** This balance indicates where intergroup would stand at the end of the year, if all money requested by committees is disbursed and no more contributions are taken in from AA groups.

Thank you to the groups that contributed this month!

Mail checks to:
Lincoln Intergroup
P.O. Box 6366
Lincoln, NE 68506

Respectfully your servant, Dick S., Treasurer

Committee Reports:

Central Office Committee: (Jim K.) – Meeting June 21, 2012

Treasurer’s Report:
Income $4,781.76
Expenses $5,295.68
Gain/Loss ($ 513.92)

Old Business

  • Still need 1 alternate board member
  • Still discussing attending other meetings to discuss CO and it’s role in community.
  • Jim will check The Meeting Place website to see if the calendar of events is posted there.

New Business

  • Gary & Craig will go to Regional Center to present Ron P. with his chip.
  • Jim will bring up the lack of a Bridging the Gap committee and discuss creating on at Intergroup
  • Oldtimers meeting 8/11/12 in the great hall from 1-5pm. They’ll have a table to sign up if people are willing to speak or be a sponsor and supply this to Marcella.
  • Ernie to Jim K that Marcella can call the post office and they will pick up packages for her. Jim will find out more.

Next Meeting: July 19, 2012

Corrections Committee: (Ron R.) – Meeting: July 10, 2012
Beginning Balance: $289.30
Check from Intergroup: $150.00
Paid Central Office for rent    ($30.00) – July to December
Ending Balance $409.30

(LCF) – Chad O. Kelly at the downtown jail has made a request that we try to find a Spanish speaking A.A. volunteer who will bring a Spanish A.A. meeting into the downtown facility.

(CCCL) – Tom E.; The men’s in-house 12-Step Study on Tuesday nights continues to go well.

(RTC) – Bill O; A 4th volunteer has been cleared to attend the meeting on Saturday night.

(Old Business) – On June 10, 2012, Tom E and Joe G attended the Treatment Committee meeting to discuss a joint workshop for this fall. A format was agreed upon. Both committees will now check on the availability of facilities and begin contacting speakers and presenters.

(New Business) – None.

**Next Meeting, Tuesday, August 7 at 6pm – Meeting place (28th & S), room 2A

Hotline committee: (Brian C.)
Calls – 111
Requesting Meeting Info – 64
12 Step Calls – 20
Not answered – 47 – New lists out now

** These are numbers from the new lists that are in affect  for July, August, and September.

MEMBERS:  Please note, there are numbers and information on the back of the sign-up sheet to further assist the groups and our responsibilities. Suggest to people signing up they save the numbers in their phone so they know it’s the hotline when a call comes through.

PI/CPC Committee: (Jessi W.) – Not Present

Treatment Committee: (Becky R.)  – No meeting

Website Committee: (Ron E.)

  • Received minutes from all 4 districts, and PICPC for July

Special Events Committee: (Carol)

  • December 1 will be the Holiday Party
    • THEY NEED HELP!!!
  • Balance: $379
    • Had to put down a deposit of $250 for the hall
  • Need a chair and a treasurer

**Next meeting will be August 19, 1pm, Highway Diner

For more info on all committee reports visit www.LincAA.org.

Old Business:

  • Committee Budgets
    • Bob reminded committees to bring 2013 budgets to the August meeting.
  • What is Intergroup?
    • Look at Committee info online
      • Treatment Committee
        • How to let facilities know we’ll support you (rides, phone lists, meetings) but not buy books for them, etc – is there some line there?
        • Lack of Bridging the Gap – what we need to do to give support to help.
          • SUBCOMMITTEE??
        • Furnish books? – make a strict list of what we do and don’t do.
          • Revise mission statement with concrete list?
        • Voted to send chair twice a year to Area 41 to find out some of these answers.
        • Revise mission statement. Bring back next month for website
        • Discussion: Don’t feel we should be giving books to for-profit treatment centers
        • Bridging the Gap
          • Discussion: This is a BIG JOB! Have this info on Treatment Committee website
      • Hotline
        • Want to add flyer
  • NYPAA – not being posted
    • Eat the Big Pig is on website, but will be refreshed or removed
  • Tabled Central Office Bulletin
    • It’s not being posted so no discussion.
    • If it’s not from Marcella, it’s not posted
      • Meeting updates on the website

New Business:

  • Treasurer
    • Deposits dried up despite money being deposited before.
      • Monday Night Stag did vote on contributing and they will be sending money again.
    • Get info.

Meeting closed and we all gathered for the Serenity Prayer.

The next meeting is Friday, August 31 @ 6:30 @ Willard Community Center-1245 S. Folsom St.

Thank you to Stacey for filling in for me.
And thank you for allowing me to be of service.
Jessi W.

Posted in Intergroup