Intergroup – March 2012

Meeting Minutes –March 30, 2012
Lincoln Intergroup
PO Box 6366
Lincoln, NE 68506

Officers:
Chairman: Bob B.
Vice Chairman: Ron R.
Secretary: Jessi W.
Treasurer: Dick S.

Began the meeting @ 6:30 pm
The AA Traditions were read by: Jay

Roll
Officers present: 4
Committees present: 3
Group chair members present: 10
Districts present: 3

Minutes approved for February 2012

District reports:

(03) – Still no DCM.

Tom (21)

  • Gave an area report.
  • Submitted group history to area.
  • Have cleaned up the meeting information for District 21 (with Central Office and GSO)
  • More discussion on Unity Picnic. Will probably be at the end of July on a Sunday at Van Dorn Park (b/c of A/C)
  • Will try to have a delegate’s report and combine with other districts to do this.

Mike E. (22)

  • Fliers for Grapevine Workshop are out. Still need more chili cookers and other food bringers.
  • Brought up World Service taking over Grapevine. Suggested that AA members look into this item and what Bill suggested when something like this came up.
  • Benefit for Houses of Hope in April.
  • District approved to have Mike put together a binder of minutes, etc to be able to pass down to new DCMs (the importance of a group history for all groups was discussed at area, and recommended)

Matt C. (29)

  • Present at meeting: 4 officers, 2 GSRs
  • Balance: $280.48 ($49 was a new donation)
    • They did get the new account set up finally
  • No longer have a PO Box, so if you want to contribute to this district, you must bring donation to the meeting.
  • Donated $15 to the Grapevine Workshop

Treasurers Report:

Balance forward: $3,828.78
Contribution(s):
Eagle Friday Night  50.00
Ladies Big Book Study  97.97
Total Contributions $147.97

Expenses:

PICPC   $514.26
District 22 Chili Cook off 55.00
Hotline  6.29
Treatment Comm. Disbursement 250.00
Total Expenses  $825.55
                                                                                                               
Ending working Balance: $3,151.20
Prudent res: $ 200
Thanks to the groups that contributed.

Mail checks to:
Lincoln Intergroup
P.O. Box 6366
Lincoln, NE 68506
Respectfully your servant, Dick S., Treasurer

Committee Reports:

Central Office Committee: (Jim K.) – Meeting Feb. 16, 2012
Treasurer’s Report:
Income $7,980.26
Expenses $7,686.10
Gain/Loss   $    294.16

  • Still need 1 alternate board members (have found 1!)
  • Jim K will ask D.R. if he would like to be on the board.
  • Meeting contribution list completed and distributed.
  • Signup sheets for Spring Fling were passed around. Discussed the room assigned to the Central Office.
  • Availability of Jack K DVD’s for $5
  • Inventory results not complete
  • Brian C. (hotline) explained duties and expressed concern with getting sign-up sheets to the meetings.
  • Jim K and Craig will attend Wild Bunch on 3/20/12 to discuss the Central Office (This went really well.)

Next Meeting: March 15, 2012

Corrections Committee: (Ron R.) – Meeting March 6
Balance  $289.30
(No account activity)
(LCF) – Joe G; Chad O. started a meeting at Downtown Jail at 1:00pm on Tuesdays.
(CCCL) – Tom E.; Men’s in-house 12 step study on Tuesday night is going well.
(D & E) – Bill O; Wednesday night meeting going well. Monday night meeting is looking for volunteers. Call Bill (402.475.9341) if interested.
(RTC) – Bill O; Meeting steady, 3 volunteers going Saturday Night. 
(Old Business) – Luke H from Treatment Committee was in attendance and our discussion of a joint Corrections/Treatment workshop continued, with an emphasis on Bridging the Gap, since it is what both committees have in common. It was decided that a workshop about Bridging the Gap, and drumming up more volunteers to be temporary sponsors, would be a worthy project. Discussions between the two committees will continue.
(New Business) – None.
**Next Meeting, Tuesday, April 3 at 6pm – Meeting place (28th & S), room 2A

Hotline committee: (Brian C.)
Calls – 95
Requesting Meeting Info – 77
12 Step Calls – 18
Not answered – 28

Brian will be making new lists and they will go into effect this first week of April.

MEMBERS:  Please note, there are numbers and information on the back of the sign-up sheet to further assist the groups and our responsibilities. Suggest to people signing up they save the numbers in their phone so they know it’s the hotline when a call comes through.

PI/CPC Committee: (Jessi W.) – Meeting March 11.

  • Workshop approved for CEUs. Independence Center has sent out fliers to inform professionals about event.
  • More plans of the way things will happen that night.
  • Amanda and Jessi will meet with Jerome and Pam in the upcoming week to finalize and further plan the workshop.
  • Committee decided to advertise in the LJS, but will seek more advice from Jerome/Pam.
  • All other projects will continue to be tabled until after this workshop.

Treatment Committee: No representative present.

Website Committee: (Ron E.)
Received minutes from Districts 22 & 29 and Central Office.

Received a request to post a bake sale for St. Monica’s in the event section.

    • Intergroup decided NO b/c it’s not AA.
    • This led to more discussion about what should/shouldn’t be posted on website (i.e., Central Office Bulletin PDF)
      • Jim K will bring this up at the next CO Board Meeting about having the board proof the bulletin before it is finalized.

Ron asked when to send the meeting reminder out to have it be most effective

    • Thursday (the day before) was suggested.

Special Events Committee: (Jeremy M.) – Not present

  • Got a mic for the 4th of July

For more info on all committee reports visit www.LincAA.org.

Old Business:

  • Lincoln AA Anniversary Celebration
    • Robert C. was present to assist in discussion.
    • The first meeting for this is scheduled for Aug. 4, 2012 at 2pm at the Hwy Diner
      • It was pointed out this might be during The Pig, so it was changed to Aug. 11, same time, same place.
    • More people volunteered to help during the meeting
    • Says he can’t discuss funds, but there are funds
    • More discussion about if this should be run through Special Events. Robert is willing, but doesn’t believe it necessary. Since Jeremy isn’t present, J.T. motioned to table this discussion. 2nd. Passed.
      • Minority Voice: Don’t understand why we are tabling? No votes changed.
      • Discussion about Lincoln AA Anniversary is tabled.
  • J.T. asked again about records for disbursements to committees, and also about how much is coming in to intergroup.
    • Dick will put records together for next month.

New Business:

  • PICPC requests funds for an ad for the upcoming workshop to be placed in the Lincoln Journal Star and Neighborhood Extra to reach the public.
    • Discussion about the amount of money being spent by intergroup to put this workshop on.
    • Jessi informed that this event has been approved for 2 CEUs, which will attract professionals the committee is trying to reach. Hope to reach 60-80 professionals.
      • Request to provide speakers and content covered and a proof of the ad back to next meeting.
      • This request cannot be tabled due to timeliness of need.
    • J.T. motioned to fund. 2nd.
      • Much more discussion
      • Voted – Approved.
      • A copy of the ad and workshop content will be provided at next meeting.

Meeting closed at 7:40 PM, and we all gathered for the Serenity Prayer.
The next meeting is Friday, April 27 @ 6:30 @ Willard Community Center-1245 S. Folsom St.

Thank you for allowing me to be of service.
Jessi W.

Posted in Intergroup