Intergroup – November 2013

Intergroup

Meeting Minutes – November 29, 2013

Lincoln Intergroup

PO Box 6366

Lincoln, NE 68506

 

Officers:

Chairman: Bob B.

Vice Chairman: Not Present

Secretary: Jessi H.

Treasurer: Dick S.

 

Began the meeting @ 6:30 pm

The AA Traditions were read by: Ernie S.

 

Roll

Officers present: 3

Committees present: 5

Group chair members present: 8

Districts present: 1

Total People Present: 18 (3 new IRs)

 

Minutes approved for October 2013

District reports:

District 3 (Mark) – Not present

District 21 (Brian C.)

Final preparations for the GSR workshop happening this Sunday, Dec. 1

District 22 (John S.) Not Present

District 29 (Stacey K) – Not Present

 

Treasurers Report:

Balance forward:                                                                                             $  687.32

Contribution(s):

Sunday Noonish Meeting                     $    20.00

$  707.32

Expenditures:

Adjustment                                          $     5.00

Ending Balance                                                                                                $  702.32

 

Reserve for 2013 Committee Budgets

Treatment                                $        0.00

Corrections                              $        0.00

Hotline                         $        8.01

Website                                    $        0.00

PICPC                                      $        0.00

Intergroup-$18 over     $        0.00

$        8.01

 

**Intergroup’s Balance after these Obligations                                                $   694.31

 

** This balance indicates where intergroup would stand at the end of the year, if all money requested by committees is disbursed and no more contributions are taken in from AA groups.

 

Thank you to the group that contributed this month!

Mail checks to:

Lincoln Intergroup

P.O. Box 6366

Lincoln, NE 68506

Respectfully your servant, Dick S., Treasurer

 

Committee Reports:

Central Office Committee: (Jim K.)

September Meeting:

Income            $5,528.37

Expenses         $5,893.86

Loss                 $   365.49

Old Business: Need 1 alternate board member (Alternate doesn’t need meetings and has no voting rights. Minimum 2 years sobriety required.)

New Business:

– Need Spanish speaking AA women for help line. Craig will ask someone at St. Paul’s noon meeting if she would be on call list.

– Copy machine leaving blotches. Jim will ask someone at work and Marcella will take a document sample to Office Depot

Next Meeting: October 17, 2013

 

October Meeting:

Income            $4,699.40

Expenses:        $5,418.02

Loss                 $   718.62

Old Business:

– Need 1 alternate board member

– Memorial plague needs ordered

– Need Spanish speaking AA women for helpline.

New Business:

– Approved purchase of new printer and office chair

– Will need to nominate officers at November meeting and elect in December for 2014. Will look at past minutes to find out how long everyone has had posts since Dru was secretary.

Next Meeting: November 21, 2013

 

Corrections Committee: (Bill O.) – Meeting: November 5, 2013

No activity this month. Balance remains          $57.58

(City/County Jails) – Joe G. & Jordan T. AA meetings at the new jail on West O Street are up and running. The jail has issued a new policy that all evening AA meetings must now be after 8:00 p.m. There are, however, times available in the afternoons. Brian C. reports that he and two other volunteers are going in on Tuesday nights and that meeting is going well.

(CCCL) – Tom E. The men’s in-house Twelve Step study on Tuesday nights continues to go well. Attendance is up, with a solid core of regulars.

(RTC) – Bill O. Attendance is up at the Saturday night meeting. There are currently three volunteers taking the meeting into the facility; a fourth may soon join the ranks.

(D&E) – Bill O.  The Wednesday night meeting is going well. No word on the Monday night meeting.

(Old Business) – Ron R. continues to be in correspondence with an inmate at LCC.

A revision to the budget the Corrections Committee submitted last month. In our estimated expenses for 2014, we forgot to include the $60.00 we spend on our annual rent. Thus, our expenses for 2014 are $715.00 rather than $655.00.

(New Business) – Elections for Corrections Committee officers for 2014-2015 rotation:

Eric A. will be the new committee chairperson.

Tom E. is re-elected as treasurer and librarian.

Joe G. is re-elected as secretary.

**Next Meeting, Tuesday, December 3 at 6 p.m. – Meeting place (28th & S), room 2A

 

Hotline committee: (Brian C.)

Calls – 91

Requesting Meeting Info – 61

12 Step Calls – 30

Not answered – 60

**New sheets were passed out in November. Please take these to groups and get them filled out and return them to Brian C. at Intergroup in December. These sheets will cover the months of January, February, March.

MEMBERS:  Please note, there are numbers and information on the back of the sign-up sheet to further assist the groups and our responsibilities. Suggest to people signing up they save the numbers in their phone so they know it’s the hotline when a call comes through.

 

PI/CPC Committee: (Jessi H.)

See http://lincaa.org/2013/picpc-minutes-november-2013/

Treatment Committee: (Joel E.)  -Not Present

A note from the treasurer – the money will be used for NOT FOR PROFIT treatment centers, and ONLY to purchase literature.

Website Committee: (Bill D.) – Not Present

 

Special Events Committee: (Kevin)

– Was there to pick up baskets for the party

– There will be turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy for 150 people ($202)

– There was some issues with the first cost, so   they cut back to just the simple things and left it open for pot luck

– Left with $250 for decorations and supplies

– Selling tickets to the event still

– The Grapevine group has pledge up to $200 for people needing tickets.

Alcathon: (Bill O.)

– Fliers are now out! Please get these to your groups

– They will need help with decorating closer to the event. Contact Bill or Sandra R. if you are interested.

For more info on all committee reports visit www.LincAA.org.

 

Old Business:

Committee Budget Requests for 2014

Corrections  $715.00

PICPC  $200.00

Website $100.00

Hotline   $  20.00

Intergroup $270.00

TOTAL:                                                                      $1,305.00

(Without Treatment)

Budgets PASSED.

 

Concern with Special Events

– New member

– Food got changed around

– Committee is concerned with having a say in everything

– Decided they will start to plan 4th of July much earlier next year

**Request from IR that someone from Special Events be present at Intergroup to bring a report of what is going on, so people can be informed.

New Business:

ELECTIONS

Chair: Brian C.

Alt. Chair: Jessica

Treasurer: Bernice S.

Hotline: Brandon J.

Secretary: Loren R.

Website: (Will vote on next month)

Meeting closed at 7:14 p.m. and we all gathered for the Serenity Prayer.

The next meeting is Friday, December 27 @ 6:30 p.m. @ Willard Community Center-1245 S. Folsom St.

Thank you for allowing me to be of service.

Jessi H.

Intergroup

Meeting Minutes – November 29, 2013

Lincoln Intergroup

PO Box 6366

Lincoln, NE 68506

Officers:

Chairman: Bob B.

Vice Chairman: Not Present

Secretary: Jessi H.

Treasurer: Dick S.

Began the meeting @ 6:30 pm

The AA Traditions were read by: Ernie S.

Roll

Officers present: 3

Committees present: 5

Group chair members present: 8

Districts present: 1

Total People Present: 18 (3 new IRs)

Minutes approved for October 2013

District reports:

District 3 (Mark) – Not present

District 21 (Brian C.)  

Final preparations for the GSR workshop happening this Sunday, Dec. 1

District 22 (John S.) Not Present

District 29 (Stacey K) – Not Present

 

Treasurers Report:

Balance forward:                                                                                             $  687.32

Contribution(s):          

                                    Sunday Noonish Meeting                     $    20.00

                                                                                                                        $  707.32

Expenditures:

                                    Adjustment                                          $     5.00         

Ending Balance                                                                                                $  702.32

Reserve for 2013 Committee Budgets

            Treatment                                $        0.00

            Corrections                              $        0.00

            Hotline                         $        8.01

            Website                                    $        0.00

            PICPC                                      $        0.00

            Intergroup-$18 over     $        0.00

                                                            $        8.01

**Intergroup’s Balance after these Obligations                                                $   694.31

** This balance indicates where intergroup would stand at the end of the year, if all money requested by committees is disbursed and no more contributions are taken in from AA groups.

Thank you to the group that contributed this month!

Mail checks to:

Lincoln Intergroup

P.O. Box 6366

Lincoln, NE 68506

Respectfully your servant, Dick S., Treasurer

Committee Reports:

Central Office Committee: (Jim K.)

September Meeting:

Income            $5,528.37

Expenses         $5,893.86

Loss                 $   365.49

Old Business: Need 1 alternate board member (Alternate doesn’t need meetings and has no voting rights. Minimum 2 years sobriety required.)

New Business:

– Need Spanish speaking AA women for help line. Craig will ask someone at St. Paul’s noon meeting if she would be on call list.

– Copy machine leaving blotches. Jim will ask someone at work and Marcella will take a document sample to Office Depot

Next Meeting: October 17, 2013

October Meeting:

Income            $4,699.40

Expenses:        $5,418.02

Loss                 $   718.62

Old Business:

– Need 1 alternate board member

– Memorial plague needs ordered

– Need Spanish speaking AA women for helpline.

New Business:

– Approved purchase of new printer and office chair

– Will need to nominate officers at November meeting and elect in December for 2014. Will look at past minutes to find out how long everyone has had posts since Dru was secretary.

Next Meeting: November 21, 2013

Corrections Committee: (Bill O.) – Meeting: November 5, 2013

No activity this month. Balance remains          $57.58

(City/County Jails) – Joe G. & Jordan T. AA meetings at the new jail on West O Street are up and running. The jail has issued a new policy that all evening AA meetings must now be after 8:00 p.m. There are, however, times available in the afternoons. Brian C. reports that he and two other volunteers are going in on Tuesday nights and that meeting is going well.

(CCCL) – Tom E. The men’s in-house Twelve Step study on Tuesday nights continues to go well. Attendance is up, with a solid core of regulars.

(RTC) – Bill O. Attendance is up at the Saturday night meeting. There are currently three volunteers taking the meeting into the facility; a fourth may soon join the ranks.

(D&E) – Bill O.  The Wednesday night meeting is going well. No word on the Monday night meeting.

(Old Business) – Ron R. continues to be in correspondence with an inmate at LCC.

A revision to the budget the Corrections Committee submitted last month. In our estimated expenses for 2014, we forgot to include the $60.00 we spend on our annual rent. Thus, our expenses for 2014 are $715.00 rather than $655.00.

(New Business) – Elections for Corrections Committee officers for 2014-2015 rotation:

Eric A. will be the new committee chairperson.

Tom E. is re-elected as treasurer and librarian.

Joe G. is re-elected as secretary.

**Next Meeting, Tuesday, December 3 at 6 p.m. – Meeting place (28th & S), room 2A

Hotline committee: (Brian C.)

Calls – 91

Requesting Meeting Info – 61

12 Step Calls – 30

Not answered – 60

**New sheets were passed out in November. Please take these to groups and get them filled out and return them to Brian C. at Intergroup in December. These sheets will cover the months of January, February, March.

MEMBERS:  Please note, there are numbers and information on the back of the sign-up sheet to further assist the groups and our responsibilities. Suggest to people signing up they save the numbers in their phone so they know it’s the hotline when a call comes through.

PI/CPC Committee: (Jessi H.)

11.17.13

Attendance – 6
           

Balance: $601.85

            – Bernice was reimbursed for things she purchased to take to Waverly

            – Jessi was reimbursed for PSA

                    

Intergroup Report: See online minutes

Old Business

– No update about Probation workshop

            – Also waiting to hear about Curtis Center (if they need any help)

– No update from Drug Court

– Nothing new about Independent Center Workshop

– Waverly Care Center

            Bernice emailed and thanked her contact for setting up the “meeting”

                        – Bernice met with 3 men, none of whom are in recovery. They spoked about AA and the Big Book. She left the copy she brought with one of them. She said we could try to get some guys to come out and talk with them more. We would like to see if we can get District 29 involved with this (Since that is the district the care center is in). Bernice will bring it up at Life Preservers Meeting.

– No colleges have been contacted yet

            – An old independent center counselor is now at UNL (Bernice works near him). They are now doing evals at UNL. Bernice will check with him and see how that is all working and whether or not we can be of any help, even just by providing literature.

– Budget was presented at Intergroup in October. Update next month on if it was approved.

New Business

2014 Elections

Chair — Luke H.
Secretary — Kjerstin E.
Treasurer — Jessi H.
Intergroup Rep — ??
Literature Chair — ??

(The remaining open positions will be voted on in December at our regular meeting.)

Treatment Committee: (Joel E.)  -Not Present

A note from the treasurer – the money will be used for NOT FOR PROFIT treatment centers, and ONLY to purchase literature.

Website Committee: (Bill D.) – Not Present

Special Events Committee: (Kevin)

– Was there to pick up baskets for the party

– There will be turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy for 150 people ($202)

                  – There was some issues with the first cost, so they cut back to just the simple things and left it open for pot luck

                  – Left with $250 for decorations and supplies

                  – Selling tickets to the event still

                              – The Grapevine group has pledge up to $200 for people needing tickets.

Alcathon: (Bill O.)

                  – Fliers are now out! Please get these to your groups

                  – They will need help with decorating closer to the event. Contact Bill or Sandra R. if you are interested.

For more info on all committee reports visit www.LincAA.org.

Old Business:

Committee Budget Requests for 2014

Corrections                                                            $715.00

PICPC                                                              $200.00

Website                                                                        $100.00

Hotline                                                                         $  20.00

Intergroup                                                        $270.00

TOTAL:                                                                      $1,305.00

(Without Treatment)

Budgets PASSED.

Concern with Special Events

– New member

– Food got changed around

– Committee is concerned with having a say in everything

– Decided they will start to plan 4th of July much earlier next year

**Request from IR that someone from Special Events be present at Intergroup to bring a report of what is going on, so people can be informed.

New Business:

ELECTIONS

Chair: Brian C.

Alt. Chair: Jessica

Treasurer: Bernice S.

Hotline: Brandon J.

Secretary: Loren R.

Website: (Will vote on next month

Meeting closed at 7:14 p.m. and we all gathered for the Serenity Prayer.

The next meeting is Friday, December 27 @ 6:30 p.m. @ Willard Community Center-1245 S. Folsom St.

Thank you for allowing me to be of service.

Jessi H.

Posted in Intergroup