District 21 – April 2013

District 21 Business Meeting Minutes
April 21, 2013

Traditions read by: Jenni H.

Officer Reports

Secretary’s Report (Michael F.):

Treasurer’s Report (Jon R.):

April 2013

Beginning Balance: $703.18
Expenses:
Unity Picnic Shelter Rental: $80
Rent: $10
Meeting Expenses: $2.17

Revenue:
Seeking Solutions: *$40.50
Pocket of Enthusiasm: $15.00
April 21, 2013: Balance : $666.51
Minus $150 prudent reserve: $516.51

*Westgate reduced deposit of check from Seeking Solutions from $49.50 to $40.50 because $49.50 was written in the numeric amount of the check and $40.50 was written in the place where you write out (Alpha) the amount of the check. Need to clarify with Solutions. Our balance could be $9 higher.

Intergroup Liaison Report (Brian C.):  not absent
(for full details, full report can be found on lincaa.org)

DCM report (Jennifer R.):

I went to Lincoln Parks and Rec and paid the $80 fee to reserve the Van Dorn park shelter for Sunday, July 14th from 12:30-4:30.  I did also communicate to Kit J that we would not be having the Delegate’s Report during our picnic this year as i had previously had us marked in Kit’s calendar for the 28th of July prior to us determining our final plans for the Unity Picnic.

I also wanted to remind everyone that i will not be able to attend the Dist 21 Business Meeting on May 19th as i will be at my cousins wedding in Portland, Oregon.  Jon R has volunteered to chair the meeting in May in my absence since we do not have an Alt DCM.

Yours in Service, Jennifer R

GSR Reports:

1    Pocket of Enthusiasm (Jenni H.): Pockets has filled all open spots, new alt GSR JR. New lit chair is Sawyer and speaker chair is Dave T.  Things are going well, exploring different locations for a potential move.

2.    Sufficient Substitute (Keith K.):  Things are going well, good attendance.

3.    Young People’s (Miranda R.) not present

4.    Spiritual Actions (Jay): Things are going well, people from CCL, all is good.

5.    Seeking Solutions (Nancy S .): Things are going well, good attendance.

6.      Steps we Take( Michael F):  Attendance is holding, still a bit low, we need have a couple new people come in.  Things are good.

7.    Women’s Circle of Friends (Bonnie H):  not present but emailed secretary below report
Women’s Circle of Friends still going strong with many ladies from Independence Center coming weekly. Nothing else to report. Unfortunately I missed our last business meeting. Yours In Service, Bonnie H

District 21 Business

Old Business:

1)  Dist 21 Unity Picnic – Sunday, July 14th
What has been done so far:
– shelter has been reserved from 12:30-4:30 including set-up and tear down time
– $80 rent has been paid

    What needs to be done:
– We need to pay a $50 deposit the Friday before and pick up the key then return key for deposit  check to be mailed back.
– Jennifer will create fliers with “Recovery, Unity, Service”- The Three Legacies
– Jennifer will check inventory of plates/cups/coffee, etc.
– Pockets brought forks/spoons last year (50-100 each)
– Jenni H will check on the price for a case of hamburger patties
– Steps We Take will bring in the buns
– Sufficient substitute will bring in the beverages ( lemonaide water and coffee )
– Jennifer will check with Bonnie/Women’s Circle of Friends to see if they can donate           ketchup/mustard and relish again as they did last year
– Spiritual Actions – Jay or Brian will bring in a big coffee pot

2)  Miranda R is willing to step up and take the position of Alt DCM
Passed

New Business:

2) Delegate’s Report  – I received a suggestion from Sufficient Substitute to have the Delegate come to one of our normally scheduled business meetings rather than the GSR workshop which we discussed having in early December, and possibly have a potluck, which spurred other thoughts of dessert, pizza, something easy that we could have along with our business meeting/Delegate’s report.

Discussion:  Jenni asked which meeting would have voting items we would have to discuss, the Oct 20th is elections.  Jay mentioned that there would be logistic issues such as size of meeting location.   He also mentioned that by having an outside event could allow us to combine that report with other districts.  It was also mentioned that some of the other districts may have already had him come for the report.  Keith felt that the room would probably suffice for the expected attendance.  It was mentioned that by combining the delegate report with another event, we have an enhanced chance of the most people hearing his report.  Jenni mentioned that in the past the GSR workshop was a good fit for the Delegates report.

Motion for the delegates report to be held in December during the GSR workshop.

Vote Sunday, Dec 8th – afternoon
For: 5
Against: 1

Minority voice wanted to reinforce the position that in their opinion that the best place to do the delegates report would be a business meeting.

The next Area 41 Business Meeting will be held on Sunday, May 19th, 2013

Posted in District 21