Intergroup – August 2013

 

Officers:

Chairman: Bob B.
Vice Chairman: Ron R.
Secretary: Jessi H.
Treasurer: Dick S.
Began the meeting @ 6:30 pm
The AA Traditions were read by: Robin N.
Roll
Officers present: 4
Committees present: 6
Group chair members present: 8
Districts present: 2
Total People Present: 17
Minutes approved for July 2013

District reports:

District 3 (Mark) – Not present

District 21 (Brian C.)

  • Nothing going on
  • Unity picnic went really will. Lots of people. Will need to find a new location for next year.

District 22 (John S.)

  • Balance – $671.72
  • Voted on Area items
  • Will be voting in a new DCM soon
  • Attendance is up at a few meetings in the district
  • Planning Area 41 reunion continues, all are welcome to join the planning committee
    • Next Meeting: Wed. Sept. 18, 7:45 p.m. at 24th & Sewell

District 29 (Stacey K) – Not present

Treasurers Report:

Balance forward:      $1,33.37
Contribution(s):
Seeking Solutions  $130.36
Expenditures:   NONE
Ending Balance       $1,463.73
Reserve for 2013 Committee Budgets
Treatment                                          $1,000.00
Corrections                                        $  0.00
Hotline                                            $    13.36
Website                                            $   100.00
PICPC                                        $     0.00

Intergroup-$18 over budget      $        0.00

                                                                        $    735.74

**Intergroup’s Balance after these Obligations                                                                                 $   350.37

** This balance indicates where intergroup would stand at the end of the year, if all money requested by committees is disbursed and no more contributions are taken in from AA groups.

v  Still doesn’t have an answer about the missing check yet. Wild Bunch says it has not been taken out of their account yet.

Thank you to the groups that contributed this month!

Mail checks to:

Lincoln Intergroup

P.O. Box 6366

Lincoln, NE 68506

Respectfully your servant, Dick S., Treasurer

Committee Reports:

Central Office Committee: (Jim K.) – Meeting July 18, 2013

Treasurer’s Report: Income                       $3,719.78
Expenses                      $3,312.49
Gain/Loss   $    407.02

Old Business

  • Need 1 alt board member (Doesn’t need to attend meetings and has no voting rights. Minimum of 2 years sobriety.)Still need 1 alternate board member

New Business

  • VA wants speakers on Wednesday mornings
  • When visiting meetings to thank for contributions, mention the birthday fund
  • Spring Fling next year will be at the Lancaster Event Center. There will be a room for the CO

Next Meeting: August 15, 2013

Corrections Committee: (Ron R.) – Meeting: August 6, 2013

Beginning Balance                                                                          $139.44
No activity.

(City-County Jails) – Joe G & Kerrigan. Kerrigan reports that B Pod, the women’s section, has begun to move to the new jail and that meetings will start soon. She also reports that 3 women volunteers are currently taking meetings into the women’s section. She further reports that when LCF (the county work release jail) moves to the new facility, the AA meetings will no longer be co-ed. Joe reports that the meetings in C and D Pods, the men’s section, are still being held in the downtown jail. Male prisoners won’t be moving until the end of August. Jordan T. volunteers to get a list of male volunteers currently going into county facilities.

(CCCL) – Tom E. Men’s in-house 12 Step Study on Tuesday nights continues, although attendance is down since a couple of longstanding inmates have left the facility. There are currently no women’s meetings in the facility. If interested in being a female volunteer, contact the facility: 402.471.0740

(RTC) – Bill O.  Saturday night meeting going well, attendance is slightly smaller. Facility has an AA meeting every day during the week, but the Saturday night meeting is the only one with outside volunteers.

(D&E) – Bill O. Wednesday night meeting going well. No news on the Monday night meeting. No news yet from the religious coordinator regarding the sign-up list.

(Old Business) – Ron R. will correspond with the inmate at CCCL seeking information about meetings.

(New Business) – Bill O. reports that Marcella at CO would like a list of halfway houses in Lincoln. Bill and Joe will try to come up with that list.

**Next Meeting, Tuesday, September 3 at 6pm – Meeting place (28th & S), room 2A

Hotline committee: (Brian C.)

Calls – 88

Requesting Meeting Info – 80

12 Step Calls – 8

Not answered – 5

** New sign-up sheets were passed out. Need to be turned in at September meeting.

MEMBERS:  Please note, there are numbers and information on the back of the sign-up sheet to further assist the groups and our responsibilities. Suggest to people signing up they save the numbers in their phone so they know it’s the hotline when a call comes through.

PI/CPC Committee: (Jessi H.)

  • Balance: $675.57
  • 3 new people at meeting!!! (pie was purchased)
  • Flier
    • Have been distributed
    • No contact number on it
    • Drug Court Presentation
      • Luke & Alyssa attended, went ok
      • Zech will join Alyssa in August
      • Jessi contacted Jesse at the facility to see about leaving our format there. He said that would be fine.
    • Gmail Account
      • Is now being checked
      • Jessi uploaded all old minutes on to Google docs to ensure the preservation of the committee
    • Mission help
      • Kjerstin will send Jessi and email to send to our contact there
    • Opportunities
      • Providers Fair (Sept. 9, 10am – 2pm, at Trabert Hall)
      • Mental Health Awareness Walk (Oct 4, 11am – 1pm, at the Regional Center)
    • Literature Packets
      • These have been put together and are available for anyone interested
      • 2 types of packets
        • For Clergy
        • For Medical Providers
      • Please contact the committee if you would like a packet to share with your professional. We made 50 of each.

Treatment Committee: (Joel E.)  –

  • Balance: $245.83
    • Semi Annual Budget

Beginning Balance                                                                                                          $116.96

                Disbursement from Intergroup – $500                                                    696.96

                Central Office for books – $162                                                                                   454.96

                Reimburse Becky R. for supplies – $16.11                                              438.85

                Central Office for newcomer packets – $64.75                                    374.10

                Central Office for books for Crisis Center – $68.27                             305.83

                Independence Center for Rent Jan-Jun – $60                                         245.83

  • Planning to get a box of 12x12s to hand out to facilities
  • Will buy $100 worth of big books soon

Website Committee: (Bill D.)

  • Renewed website for another year – $80
  • Will be adding the hotline list on to the website
  • Will be changing the format of the meeting schedule so it works better on mobile devices

Special Events Committee: (Kevin) – Not Present 

For more info on all committee reports visit www.LincAA.org.

Old Business:

  • Still no women’s meetings at CCCL. Corrections working on finding someone to do a meeting.
  • Special Events, not coming to intergroup.
    • If anyone sees the chair, encourage him to attend.
    • Foxhall wanted to bring up Tradition 9 (being responsible to those they serve)
    • Can someone go to their next meeting and let them know no one is coming?

  Robin N. will.

New Business:

  • Just a reminder that budgets for committees are due in October.

Meeting closed at 7:05 p.m. and we all gathered for the Serenity Prayer.

The next meeting is Friday, September 27 @ 6:30 p.m. @ Willard Community Center-1245 S. Folsom St.

Thank you for allowing me to be of service.
Jessi H.

Posted in Intergroup