Intergroup – January 2013

Intergroup
Meeting Minutes – January 25, 2013

Lincoln Intergroup
PO Box 6366
Lincoln, NE 68506

Officers:
Chairman: Bob B.
Vice Chairman: Ron R.
Secretary: Jessi H.
Treasurer: Dick S.

Began the meeting @ 6:30 pm
The AA Traditions were read by: Alyssa W.

Roll
Officers present: 4
Committees present: 5
Group chair members present: 14
Districts present: 2
Total People Present: 23

Minutes approved for December 2012

District reports:
Mark (03)

    1. – No present, but minutes posted on website

(21)

• IR stepped down
• Meeting has now moved:  Bryan LGH West, classroom 2.
• Considering doing a workshop with District 22

Mike E. (22)

  1. – New Intergroup Rep! (John S.)
    – Upcoming workshop – March 23 (watch for fliers!)
    – New treasurer – Ron R.

Stacey N. (29)  – Nothing to report

Treasurers Report:
Balance forward:                                     $1,622.20
Contribution(s):     Seeking Solutions             $ 82.44
Saturday Morning Men’s Group        $ 25.00
$1,729.64

Expenditures:    Treatment Comm. Final 2012        $500.00
PICPC Comm. Final 2012        $235.72
Rent 2013                $180.00

Ending Balance                                        $   813.90

Reserve for 2013 Committee Budgets

Treatment            $ 1,000.00
Corrections            $         0.00
Hotline                $       20.00
Website            $     100.00
PICPC                $     600.00
Intergroup (after rent)        $       70.00
$  1,790.00

**Intergroup’s Balance after these Obligations                        ($ 976.10)
** This balance indicates where intergroup would stand at the end of the year, if all money requested by committees is disbursed and no more contributions are taken in from AA groups.

Thanks to groups who contributed this month!
Mail checks to:
Lincoln Intergroup
P.O. Box 6366
Lincoln, NE 68506
Respectfully your servant, Dick S., Treasurer

Committee Reports:
Central Office Committee: (Jim K.) – Meeting Nov. 15, 2012
Old Business:
– Need 1 alternate board member
– Still discussing attending other meetings to discuss CO and role in community
– Jim K will check with meeting place about putting flyers for upcoming events online
New Business:
– CO voted to donate books to the Christmas Party
– CO Board elections are next month.
Nominations are:
– President: Jim K
– VP: Craig
– Secretary: Dru
– Treasurer: Eric
Next Meeting: December 20, 2012

Corrections Committee: (Ron R.) – Meeting: December 4, 2012
Balance is closer to:     $511.00

Couldn’t meet at Meeting Place – had to change meeting
**Next Meeting, Tuesday, February 5 at 6pm – Meeting place (28th & S), room 2A

Hotline committee: (Brian C.)
Calls – 69
Requesting Meeting Info – 63
12 Step Calls – 6
Not answered –8

MEMBERS:  Please note, there are numbers and information on the back of the sign-up sheet to further assist the groups and our responsibilities. Suggest to people signing up they save the numbers in their phone so they know it’s the hotline when a call comes through.

PI/CPC Committee: (Jessi H.)
– Balance: $593.32
– We have a letter typed up to send out to treatment centers
– We will include a flier from GSO, “What is AA” to send with it
– PICPC will meet the 3rd Sunday for March and May due to holidays and Area
– Diversion and Probation phone lists going out this month
– Met with Drug Court to get insight on what they would like to see happen in monthly meeting
– Meeting will began March 6 and will happen 1st Wednesday of the month at 6:30 at Drug Court
– Topics will rotate every four months
– In February, the committee will finalize the content. Anyone interested is welcome to attend the meeting. Our hope is this meeting can be something for treatment, corrections and PICPC committees to man together
– Correction and Treatment chairs have been invited to February meeting. Along with DC graduates active in AA.
***We will invite people who we think would be interested in helping with this particular project to our February meeting – Sunday Feb 10 at 3:30 p.m. at the Highway Diner.

Treatment Committee: (Becky R.)  –

  • Balance: $616.96
  • Becky R. is filling in while current chair position is open
    • May have found someone, but if so, need to change meeting time
  • Buying Big Books and good pamphlets for detox
    • 6 more Big Books
    • 12 12x12s
  • Buying a kit for treatment committee from area for some direction.
  • Would like help contacting treatment facilities on a monthly basis. Please attend their meeting
  • Looking into their scope and responsibilty

Website Committee: (Ron E.)
Meeting minutes for each district posted along with meeting updates and Central Office Bulletin.

Special Events Committee: (Kevin) – not present
**Meets 3rd Sunday of the Month at 1pm at the HiWay Diner. (This is no longer listed on the meeting list for some reason.)

For more info on all committee reports visit www.LincAA.org.

Old Business:

  • Rent has been paid for all of 2013
  • Intergroup pamphlet
    • After looking at statements, it was agreed upon to leave the Intergroup statement as is.
    • Motion to approve – opposed
      • Motion to change “Telephone Answering Service” to “Hotline”
        • Discussion – Motion Passed
    • Back to main motion, approved to post and use the pamphlet with the change for hotline
  • Committee Financial Reports
    • Question: How will that fix the lack of funds?
      • It’s not for that, it’s just to report to groups where their money is going

New Business:

  • Question: Can we get the Central Office Minutes in the same month
    • Jim will check
  • Question: VA phone lists? Who can they contact
    • They can contact treatment committee.
      • Still figuring out Bridging the Gap
  • More concerns about running out of money
    • Can we let meetings know Intergroup needs money?
      • Can we compare contributions from last year?
      • Motion – When Intergroup hits $600, we start to hold up read flag and let people know (Warning Limit)
        • Minority Voice Discussion
        • Motion passes
      • CONCERN: We need to let people know overall about intergroup and that we need help – Manpower!

Meeting closed at 7:27 p.m. and we all gathered for the Serenity Prayer.

The next meeting is Friday, February 22, @ 6:30 p.m. @ Willard Community Center-1245 S. Folsom St.

Thank you for allowing me to be of service,
Jessi H.

Posted in Intergroup