Meeting Minutes – July 26, 2013
PO Box 6366
Lincoln, NE 68506
Chairman: Bob B.
Vice Chairman: Ron R.
Secretary: Jessi H.
Treasurer: Dick S.
Began the meeting @ 6:30 pm
The AA Traditions were read by: Robin
Officers present: 4
Committees present: 5
Group chair members present: 12
Districts present: 1
Total People Present: 19
**Corrections Committee’s Semi-Annual Expense Report will be corrected included with the Treasurer’s Report
Minutes approved for June 2013
District 3 (Mark) – Not Present
District 21 (Brian C.) – Not Present
District 22 (John S.)
– $591.72 Balance
– Getting ready to vote on Area business items
– Some meetings growing, overall doing well
– Planning Area 41 Reunion, anyone welcome
– Next meeting: Wed. Aug 21 at 7:45 p.m. at church on 24th & Sewell
District 29 (Stacey K.) – Not present
Balance forward: $1,333.37
Contribution(s): Saturday Morning Men’s Group $ 25.00 $1,358.37
Ending Balance $1,358.37
Reserve for 2013 Committee Budgets
Treatment $ 1,000.00
Corrections $ 0.00
Hotline $ 13.36
Website $ 100.00
PICPC $ 0.00
Intergroup $18 over budget $ 0.00
**Intergroup’s Balance after these Obligations $ 245.01
– Still hasn’t heard from Wild Bunch about the missing check. Intergroup does not have the check. It has not been taking out of WB’s account, but it’s still missing.
** This balance indicates where intergroup would stand at the end of the year, if all money requested by committees is disbursed and no more contributions are taken in from AA groups.
Thanks to groups who contributed this month!
Mail checks to:
P.O. Box 6366
Lincoln, NE 68506
Respectfully your servant, Dick S., Treasurer
Correction Committee’s Semi-Annual Expense Report
Beginning Balance $357.23
Paid Meeting Place for rent Jan – June ($ 30.00)
Treatment Committee reimbursement for join workshop $154.18
5 hardcover BB & 4 softcover 12x12s for CCCL From Stock
February, March, April
6 hardcover BBs & 6 hardcover 12x12s to NCC for Women – York From Stock
(Volunteers from Lincoln)
Request from Iron Bar Group at NSP
– 8 BBs, 6 12x12s, 2 Spanish BBs (all hardcover) From Stock
– 2 BBs, 4 12x12s, 8 Spanish Big Books (all hardcover) ($161.52)
1 case of hardback Big Books (20) – To Stock ($150.40)
Paid Meeting Place Rent for July – Dec ($ 30.00)
Corrections Total as of July 26, 2013 $139.49
Central Office Committee: (Jim)
Meeting: June 20, 2013
– Jim has visited 7-8 meetings to thank them for contributions. He will email the current contributions list and include which meetings he has attended
– Total office calls in May: 162. 12 Step calls: 3
– Literature sales and contributions down this month
– Summer meeting list is at the printer
– Need 1 alt board member (Doesn’t need to attend meetings and has no voting rights. Minimum of 2 years sobriety.)
Next Meeting: July 18, 2013
Corrections Committee: (Ron R.) –
Meeting: July 2, 2013
Balance: Beginning balance of $169.49. Paid July – Dec rent $30 to Central Office. New balance: $139.49.
City/County Jail: Joe G. New volunteer has been cleared, and is attending the Tuesday night meeting at LCF. When the new jail opens (tentatively scheduled for August), LCF and the downtown jail will both move there.
CCCL: Tom E. Tuesday night in-house men’s 12 step study continues to go well. Some new inmates are attending and attendance is up. A potential male volunteer has filled out an app.
D & E: Bill O. Wednesday night meeting is going well. No info on Monday night meeting. No update on the religious coordinator/waiting list situation.
RTC: Bill O. Facility is currently on lockdown for what official describe as “special circumstances,” so the Sat. night meeting is not happening.
Old Business: Intergroup would like a report detailing our expense for the first half of the year. Bill O. will produce the report.
New Business: Ron R. has received a letter from a wife of an inmate at Lincoln correctional center (the state’s medium security prison) requesting information about AA meetings at the facility. Ron will respond to the letter.
**Next Meeting, Tuesday, August 6 at 6pm – Meeting place (28th & S), room 2A
Hotline committee: (Brian C.) – Not Present
Calls – 47
Requesting Meeting Info – 41
12 Step Calls – 6
Not answered –26
MEMBERS: Please note, there are numbers and information on the back of the sign-up sheet to further assist the groups and our responsibilities. Suggest to people signing up they save the numbers in their phone so they know it’s the hotline when a call comes through.
PI/CPC Committee: (Jessi H.)
Attendance – 4
Each person has prospects to bring to next meeting.
Alyssa brought 100 copies of flier. Jeff will reimburse her. Taking fliers to meetings in Lincoln, Intergroup and the Central Office.
Drug Court Presentation:
Luke and Alyssa went this month
– It was quick. Less interest from participants
– 6-7 people there
– Still important to go and get the information out there
– Very important to make sure people going know the traditions and know about AA
– There have been new faces each month
– Jessi will work on uploading past minutes on to google docs.
– Next month we will put these together
– Bernice will print the packet holders (50 clergy, 50 health professionals)
– Jessi will bring tape and pamphlets
– Bernice will check with Dan about literature still not received
Kj will send an email for Jessi to send to the mission
Let’s buy pie for people when they come. To get them to meeting and to thank them.
Treatment Committee: (Becky R.) – Not Present
Website Committee: (Bill D.)
– New web chair is ready to go, things are transitioned mostly.
– He will be working on making the mobile sites run more smoothly.
Special Events Committee: (Kevin) – Not Present
For more info on all committee reports visit www.LincAA.org.
- Hotline form on website?? – Still more to come on this
- Homestead Meeting happeing
- Only 3 people attending and could use more help
- Big Book Study
- Meets at Homestead Nursing Home at 4:30 on Wed. (54th & LaSalle)
– Someone heard there is a request for in-house meetings for women at CCCL.
- Corrections will look into this
– Foxhall was curious about Special Events Committee not being represented at Intergroup. How are they funded?
- No one was sure if it was required that they attend since they are self-supporting
- They had attended in past rotations.
– Please distribute the Veteran’s Flier
- Asking from help from AA.
Meeting closed at 6:55 p.m. and we all gathered for the Serenity Prayer.
The next meeting is Friday, August 30, @ 6:30 p.m. @ Willard Community Center-1245 S. Folsom St.
Thank you for allowing me to be of service,