Intergroup – July 2013

Intergroup
Meeting Minutes – July 26, 2013
Lincoln Intergroup
PO Box 6366
Lincoln, NE 68506

 

Officers:
Chairman: Bob B.
Vice Chairman: Ron R.
Secretary: Jessi H.
Treasurer: Dick S.

Began the meeting @ 6:30 pm
The AA Traditions were read by: Robin

Roll
Officers present: 4
Committees present: 5
Group chair members present: 12
Districts present: 1

Total People Present: 19

**Corrections Committee’s Semi-Annual Expense Report will be corrected included with the Treasurer’s Report

Minutes approved for June 2013

 

District reports:

District 3 (Mark) – Not Present

 

District 21 (Brian C.) – Not Present

 

District 22 (John S.)
– $591.72 Balance
– Getting ready to vote on Area business items
– Some meetings growing, overall doing well
– Planning Area 41 Reunion, anyone welcome
– Next meeting: Wed. Aug 21 at 7:45 p.m. at church on 24th & Sewell


District 29 (Stacey K.)
  – Not present

Treasurers Report:

Balance forward:                                                                                                                                              $1,333.37

Contribution(s):                Saturday Morning Men’s Group                                $ 25.00                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  $1,358.37

Expenditures:
None

Ending Balance                                                                                                                                                  $1,358.37

Reserve for 2013 Committee Budgets

Treatment                                          $ 1,000.00
Corrections                                         $         0.00
Hotline                                                 $       13.36
Website                                               $     100.00
PICPC                                                    $         0.00
Intergroup $18 over budget        $         0.00
$  1,113.36

 

**Intergroup’s Balance after these Obligations                                                                                 $ 245.01

 

–          Still hasn’t heard from Wild Bunch about the missing check. Intergroup does not have the check. It has not been taking out of WB’s account, but it’s still missing.

** This balance indicates where intergroup would stand at the end of the year, if all money requested by committees is disbursed and no more contributions are taken in from AA groups.

 

Thanks to groups who contributed this month!

Mail checks to:

Lincoln Intergroup
P.O. Box 6366
Lincoln, NE 68506

Respectfully your servant, Dick S., Treasurer

Correction Committee’s Semi-Annual Expense Report

Corrections

Beginning Balance                                                                                                                                           $357.23

January 2013

Paid Meeting Place for rent Jan – June                                                                   ($  30.00)
Treatment Committee reimbursement for join workshop                              $154.18
5 hardcover BB & 4 softcover 12x12s for CCCL                                                     From Stock
Balance                                                                                                                                                                $481.41

February, March, April

No activity
Balance                                                                                                                                                                $481.41

May

6 hardcover BBs & 6 hardcover 12x12s to NCC for Women – York               From Stock
(Volunteers from Lincoln)
Balance                                                                                                                                                                $481.41

June

Request from Iron Bar Group at NSP
– 8 BBs, 6 12x12s, 2 Spanish BBs (all hardcover)                                         From Stock
– 2 BBs, 4 12x12s, 8 Spanish Big Books (all hardcover)                             ($161.52)
1 case of hardback Big Books (20) – To Stock                                                        ($150.40)
Paid Meeting Place Rent for July – Dec                                                                   ($  30.00)

Corrections Total as of July 26, 2013                                                                                                         $139.49

 

Committee Reports:

Central Office Committee: (Jim)

Meeting: June 20, 2013

Income:               $7,786.70
Expenses:           $4,587.24
Gain:                     $3,199.46)

–          Jim has visited 7-8 meetings to thank them for contributions. He will email the current contributions list and include which meetings he has attended

–          Total office calls in May: 162. 12 Step calls: 3

–          Literature sales and contributions down this month

–          Summer meeting list is at the printer

Old Business:

– Need 1 alt board member (Doesn’t need to attend meetings and has no voting rights. Minimum of 2 years sobriety.)

New Business:
– None

Next Meeting: July 18, 2013

 

Corrections Committee: (Ron R.)

Meeting: July 2, 2013

Balance: Beginning balance of $169.49. Paid July – Dec rent $30 to Central Office. New balance: $139.49.

City/County Jail: Joe G. New volunteer has been cleared, and is attending the Tuesday night meeting at LCF. When the new jail opens (tentatively scheduled for August), LCF and the downtown jail will both move there.

CCCL: Tom E. Tuesday night in-house men’s 12 step study continues to go well. Some new inmates are attending and attendance is up. A potential male volunteer has filled out an app.

D & E: Bill O. Wednesday night meeting is going well. No info on Monday night meeting. No update on the religious coordinator/waiting list situation.

RTC: Bill O. Facility is currently on lockdown for what official describe as “special circumstances,” so the Sat. night meeting is not happening.

Old Business:  Intergroup would like a report detailing our expense for the first half of the year. Bill O. will produce the report.

New Business: Ron R. has received a letter from a wife of an inmate at Lincoln correctional center (the state’s medium security prison) requesting information about AA meetings at the facility. Ron will respond to the letter.

**Next Meeting, Tuesday, August 6 at 6pm – Meeting place (28th & S), room 2A

 

Hotline committee: (Brian C.) – Not Present

April
Calls – 47

Requesting Meeting Info – 41

12 Step Calls – 6

Not answered –26

MEMBERS:  Please note, there are numbers and information on the back of the sign-up sheet to further assist the groups and our responsibilities. Suggest to people signing up they save the numbers in their phone so they know it’s the hotline when a call comes through.

 

PI/CPC Committee: (Jessi H.)

7.14.13

Attendance – 4

Balance: $726.56

Old Business

Recruitment:

Each person has prospects to bring to next meeting.

Flier:

Alyssa brought 100 copies of flier. Jeff will reimburse her. Taking fliers to meetings in Lincoln, Intergroup and the Central Office.

Drug Court Presentation:

Luke and Alyssa went this month

–          It was quick. Less interest from participants

–          6-7 people there

–          Still important to go and get the information out there

–          Very important to make sure people going know the traditions and know about AA

–          There have been new faces each month

Gmail Account

–          Jessi will work on uploading past minutes on to google docs.

Literature Packets:

–          Next month we will put these together

–          Bernice will print the packet holders (50 clergy, 50 health professionals)

–          Jessi will bring tape and pamphlets

–          Bernice will check with Dan about literature still not received

Mission Help:

Kj will send an email for Jessi to send to the mission

New Business

Let’s buy pie for people when they come. To get them to meeting and to thank them.

 

Treatment Committee: (Becky R.)  – Not Present

Website Committee: (Bill D.)

–          New web chair is ready to go, things are transitioned mostly.

–          He will be working on making the mobile sites run more smoothly.

Special Events Committee: (Kevin) – Not Present

 

For more info on all committee reports visit www.LincAA.org.

 

Old Business:

  • Hotline form on website?? – Still more to come on this
  • Homestead Meeting happeing
    • Only 3 people attending and could use more help
    • Big Book Study
    • Meets at Homestead Nursing Home at 4:30 on Wed. (54th & LaSalle)

New Business:

–          Someone heard there is a request for in-house meetings for women at CCCL.

  • Corrections will look into this

–          Foxhall was curious about Special Events Committee not being represented at Intergroup. How are they funded?

  • No one was sure if it was required that they attend since they are self-supporting
  • They had attended in past rotations.

–          Please distribute the Veteran’s Flier

  • Asking from help from AA.

Meeting closed at 6:55 p.m. and we all gathered for the Serenity Prayer.

The next meeting is Friday, August 30, @ 6:30 p.m. @ Willard Community Center-1245 S. Folsom St.

Thank you for allowing me to be of service,

Jessi H.

Posted in Intergroup