Intergroup – June 2013

Intergroup
Meeting Minutes – June 28, 2013
Lincoln Intergroup
PO Box 6366
Lincoln, NE 68506

Officers:
Chairman: Not Present
Vice Chairman: Ron R.
Secretary: Jessi H.
Treasurer: Dick S.

Began the meeting @ 6:30 pm
The AA Traditions were read by: Jan

Roll
Officers present: 3
Committees present: 4
Group chair members present: 11
Districts present: 2
Total People Present: 18

**Correction to May minutes: Change “Bi Annual Expense Report” to “Semi Annual Expense Report”
Done.

Minutes approved for May 2013

District reports:

District 3 (Mark)  – Not Present

District 21 (Brian C.)
– Focused on Unity Picnic
– Sunday, July 14
– 12-4 p.m.
– Van Dorn Park

**Question asked: Do you have a grill master yet? Didn’t know

District 22 (John S.)
– $591.22 Balance
– Doing the Area 41 Reunion 2014
– Started a committee
– Most chairs are filled
– Anyone interested in helping is welcome to attend meeting
– First meeting will be Wed. July 17 at 7:45 p.m. at church on 24th & Sewell\
District 29 (Stacey K.) – Not present

Treasurers Report:
Balance forward: $1,315.82
Contribution(s):Women’s Circle of Friends $ 20.00 $1,335.82
Expenditures:
Hot Line $   2.45
Ending Balance $1,333.37
Reserve for 2013 Committee Budgets
Treatment$ 1,000.00
Corrections$  0.00
Hotline $ 13.36
Website$ 100.00
PICPC $ 0.00
Intergroup $18 over budget; $   0.00
$  1,113.36

**Intergroup’s Balance after these Obligations $ 220.01

** This balance indicates where intergroup would stand at the end of the year, if all money requested by committees is disbursed and no more contributions are taken in from AA groups.

Thanks to groups who contributed this month!

Mail checks to:
Lincoln Intergroup
P.O. Box 6366
Lincoln, NE 68506

Respectfully your servant, Dick S., Treasurer

Committee Semi Annual Expense Reports

Treatment Committee

  • Not provided.

Corrections

January 2013 $481.41

Purchase from Central Office for the Iron Bar Group at NSP;

2 hardback Big Books, 4 Softcover 12x12s, 8 Spanish Big Books;;  -$161.52;

Running total $319.89

Purchase from Area 41 for Corrections library stock

1 case of hardback Big Books ;; -$150.40

Corrections Total as of June 28, 2013 $169.40

Hotline

Current Balance; $6.64

May spent $2.45

Website

  • Not provided

PICPC

January 2013 $593.32
Feb. 17: Intergroup disbursement deposit (from 2012) ;;; +$235.74
Running total $829.06
Apr. 28: Literature from Area 41 ;;;;-$  14.00
12 question pamphlets; taken to hospital waiting rooms\
May 24: Literature from Area 41 ;;;-$  88.50
Pamphlets purchased to make “to clergy” and “to doctors” packets suggested by Area 41 CPC committee

PICPC Total as of June 28, 2013 $726.56

Committee Reports:

Central Office Committee: (Jim) – Not present
Meeting: May 16, 2013
Income:$5,138.97
Expenses:$9,064.97
Gain: ($3,926.00)

Old Business:
– Contact info provided for Omaha VA. Jim to check on contact info for old timers group for Marcella.
– Need 1 alt board member
– Jim K will check with the meeting pace about putting flyers for upcoming events online
– Board members will begin visit 5 meetings in a 3-4 month period of time. Jim will supply mtg list. (they will visit all meetings in Lincoln to promote Central Office)
-Still having trouble getting meeting info changed on website. Jim K will find out why meeting info is not getting updated. Marcella gets undeliverable emails from webmaster.

New Business:
– Board members will suggest contributions to CO at their regular meetings and then split rest of list next month.

Next Meeting: June 20, 2013

Corrections Committee: (Ron R.) –
Meeting: June 4, 2013

Balance: See expense report — $169.40

City/County Jail: Joe G. Two new volunteers have begun accompanying Joe to Wed. night meeting in D pod downtown. Another male volunteer has submitted an app. Downtown jail is closing soon, as is LCF. Both will be moving to new facility on West O. No date has been set for the move, but it should be this summer. When new jail hopes, they hope to have a least 2 meetings per week in each section of facility.

CCCL: Tom E. Men’s in house 12×12 meeting continues to go well. Now have 4 volunteers who take the meeting into the facility

D & E: Bill O. Wednesday meeting continues to go well. No info on the Monday night meeting. Bill will attempt to contact the religious coordinator regarding the waiting list prisoners must sign in order to attend the Wed. night meeting.

RTC: Bill O. Saturday night meeting is going well.

Old Business:  Tome E. contacted NSP staff member who oversees the Iron Bar Group and she requested 10 hardcover BBs, 10 soft 12x12s and 10 Spanish BBs. Had some in stock, but purchased the rest.

Bill delivered the material requested by the volunteer going into the York facility

New Business: Replenishing our library holdings, with the purchase of a case of BBs from Area. Now have one case of soft BBs, one case of hard BBs. Currently out of 12x12s. Joe makes a motion that the committee purchase 10 soft 12x12s. Motion approved.

Bill reports that NSP has eliminated all meetings except the Iron Bar Group on Tuesday nights. Joe will attempt to contact Bill B. to find out more info.

**Next Meeting, Tuesday, July 2 at 6pm – Meeting place (28th & S), room 2A

Hotline committee: (Brian C.)

April

Calls – 68

Requesting Meeting Info – 50

12 Step Calls – 18; (1 did not get answered)

Not answered –17

**Currently there are only 18 people signed up for the next 3 month rotation.**

MEMBERS:  Please note, there are numbers and information on the back of the sign-up sheet to further assist the groups and our responsibilities. Suggest to people signing up they save the numbers in their phone so they know it’s the hotline when a call comes through.

PI/CPC Committee: (Jessi H.)

Attendance – 5

Next month’s meeting will be held at the usual time – 3:30 p.m. on July 14, even though the Unity Picnic will be going on.

Old Business

Drug Court Presentation

  • Luke: It happened!! (just Luke there)
    • Less interest from participants
    • 5 people there
    • No questions, they just stared at him
  • Luke will go back in July with either Kaci B or Alyssa to show them the ropes
  • Final version of format is done and will be used in July

Gmail Account

  • Jessi tracked down information from Craig LP
  • Craig also mentioned using the google docs part for committee minutes storage for long term.
    • We will look into this

Literature Order

  • Bernice placed order with Area 41
    • Most of it has been received
    • We will put together packets in July

New Business

Recruitment Discussion

  • Change meeting time/date???
  • Alyssa will create a flier to promote that PICPC needs help
    • We make it available at CO for groups to have
  • Need to get more help before the new rotation (voting in November)
  • Goal for each current member: bring 3 new people each next month

Mission Help??

  • Bernice heard from an elderly man in AA that he has done CPC work on his own and was told by doctors there is a need for AA at the mission.
    • We aren’t sure if the meeting is still happening there
    • We will be contacting a professional contact to see what needs to be done and how we can help.

Semi Annual Expense Report

  • Jessi will get the numbers from Jeff and have this prepared to share at Intergroup in June.

Treatment Committee: (Becky R.) –

  • Not Present

Website Committee: (Ron E.)

  • Posted everything that’s been received
  • More fliers and they are located under recent updates
  • Received an email from a Lincoln inmate wanting a sponsor
    • He will forward to Corrections
  • Ron will be stepping down b/c he is moving
    • Guest Bill D. volunteered to take over webchair position.
      • Approved!!

Special Events Committee:

Not Present

For more info on all committee reports visit www.LincAA.org.

Old Business:

  • Homestead Rehab Meeting – it’s happening
    • 2 weeks going strong. Look for fliers.
  • Hotline
    • Ron is going to send the sheet to Brian to see if changes need to be made and he will post the updated version (until then, there will be the current version online)
    • Discussion of getting a “form” online to sign up for hotline. More to come next month.

New Business:

  • NCYPAA promotional flier on website
    • Motion made to approve. Passed
  • Semi Annual Expense Report
    • Should we have a form?
    • PICPC form is good
    • <Discussion>
    • Motion to let committees do it own their own
      • Minority voice: easier for groups to read
      • Counter: Secretary types it in
    • No one changed. Motion passed.

Meeting closed at 7:15 p.m. and we all gathered for the Serenity Prayer.
The next meeting is Friday, July 26, @ 6:30 p.m. @ Willard Community Center-1245 S. Folsom St.
Thank you for allowing me to be of service,

Jessi H.

Posted in Intergroup