Intergroup – September 2013

Lincoln Intergroup
PO Box 6366
Lincoln, NE 68506

Officers:

Chairman: Bob B.
Vice Chairman: Ron R.
Secretary: Jessi H.
Treasurer: Dick S.

Began the meeting @ 6:30 pm
The AA Traditions were read by: Jan C.

Roll

Officers present: 4
Committees present: 6
Group chair members present: 10
Districts present: 3
Total People Present: 21

Minutes approved for August 2013

District reports:

District 3 (Mark) – Not present

District 21 (Brian C.)

  • Cancelled Meeting because of Area
  • Nothing to report

District 22 (John S.)

  • Balance – $671.72
  • Voted on Area items
  • Will be voting in a new DCM soon
  • Attendance is up at a few meetings in the district
  • Planning Area 41 reunion continues, all are welcome to join the planning committee
  • Next Meeting: Wed. Sept. 18, 7:45 p.m. at 24th & Sewell

District 29 (Stacey K) – Not present

Treasurers Report:

Balance forward:                                  $1,463.73
Contribution(s):

Everyone’s Step                                   $  20.00
First 164 Group                                     $  40.00
Monday Night Stag                            $  44.40
Monday Night Stag again                   $  64.16
Ladies Big Book                                 $  75.46

Fri Night Young People’s$  59.96
$303.98
$1,767.71

Expenditures:
Hotline                                     $    5.35

Ending Balance                                    $1,762.36

Reserve for 2013 Committee Budgets

Treatment                                $1,000.00
Corrections                              $    0.00
Hotline                          $    8.01
Website                                  $   100.00
PICPC                                     $     0.00
Intergroup-$18 over      $        0.00
$ 1,108.01

**Intergroup’s Balance after these Obligations       $   654.35

** This balance indicates where intergroup would stand at the end of the year, if all money requested by committees is disbursed and no more contributions are taken in from AA groups.

v Still doesn’t have an answer about the missing check yet. Wild Bunch says it has not been taken out of their account yet.

Thank you to the groups that contributed this month!

Mail checks to:

Lincoln Intergroup
P.O. Box 6366
Lincoln, NE 68506

Respectfully your servant, Dick S., Treasurer

Committee Reports:

Central Office Committee: (Jim K.) – Meeting August 15, 2013

Treasurer’s Report:                 
Income            $5,781.57
Expenses         $8,777.38
Loss              $2,995.81

Old Business

  • Need 1 alt board member (Doesn’t need to attend meetings and has no voting rights. Minimum of 2 years sobriety.)
  • VA wants speakers on Wednesday mornings

New Business

  • Spring Fling first weekend of April 2014. Central Office will have a hospitality room Friday night and on Saturday all day until 10 p.m.

Next Meeting: September 19, 2013

 

Corrections Committee: (Ron R.) – Meeting: September 3, 2013
Beginning Balance                                                       $139.44
Paid $81.86 to Central Office for ten paperback 12x12s.
New Balance                                                             $  57.58

(City-County Jails) – Joe G. So far, only LCF (the county work release center) has moved to the new jail. Them women’s and men’s pods remain downtown. No date fixed yet for their move. A new male volunteer has completed orientation.

(CCCL) – Tom E. The men’s in-house Twelve Step study on Tuesday nights continues to go well. Bill O. makes a literature request (see New Business).

(RTC) – Bill O. Saturday night meeting continues to go well. There are currently two steady volunteers, with a third one periodically.

(D&E) – Bill O. The Wednesday night meeting remains steady. Bill has spoken to the Religious Coordinator (who oversees the volunteer programs). The Monday night meeting is still taking place; the coordinator will look into the issues involving the waiting list.

(Old Business) – Marcella received the list of halfway houses in the Lincoln area, provided by Bill O. and Jordan T. The list is still incomplete and we will seek more information.

(New Business) – Bill O requests four paperback 12x12s for CCCL. Motion made and passed.

**Next Meeting, Tuesday, October 1 at 6 p.m. – Meeting place (28th & S), room 2A

 

Hotline committee: (Brian C.)

Calls – 55
Requesting Meeting Info – 47
12 Step Calls – 8
Not answered – 27

** Only had 7 volunteers at the time of the meeting. More people will be getting lists to chair over the weekend. Lists are for Oct, Nov, and Dec.

 

MEMBERS:  Please note, there are numbers and information on the back of the sign-up sheet to further assist the groups and our responsibilities. Suggest to people signing up they save the numbers in their phone so they know it’s the hotline when a call comes through.

PI/CPC Committee: (Jessi H.)

9.8.13
Attendance – 8
2 more new people!!!

Balance: $675.57
Introduction for new people

  • What is PICPC in Lincoln all about?
  • Shared experiences we’ve had
  • Shared things we have done and are working on currently

Old Business

Drug Court Presentation:

Alyssa & Zech went.

  • They were more receptive this month than past months
  • Informal, but personal
  • Questions were asked like: Why am I here? I’m an addict why does this matter?

Zech & Kensie will go in September.

Mission Help:

  • Kj has email ready and sent to Jessi during the meeting. Jessi sent to Pastor Tom Barber after the meeting.

Opportunities to get AA information out:

  • Providers Fair at Trabert Hall – for probation officers etc.
  • •September 9 from 10am – 2pm
  • •Jessi can no longer go from 10-12. Luke H & Cari J will attend instead
    • Luke will pick up literature we are missing from central office along with updated meeting lists
    • Mental Health Awareness walk at the Regional Center
    • •October 4 from 11am – 1pm
    • •Joel E & Alyssa W are definitely doing it. Jessi will send Joel the contact information so he can get the details straight from the source.

 

New Business

Literature Packets:

  • One group says it’s not the general AA members job to get these packets out, that it’s the responsibility of our committee. Committee is not sure how to handle this so Bernice plans to bring it up to the Area 41 CPC committee for feedback. Other committee members have not gotten any negative feedback about these packets.
  • Suggestion to take packets to intergroup for people to take back to groups that PICPC members don’t attend.

Area voting item:

  • Bernice brought to our attention the fact that an area voting item about literature created in committees will need to be approved, may affect a piece of literature we have in our newcomer to the committee packets. We will know more after the vote at the September Area meeting.

Literature:

  • We spent the rest of the meeting inventorying our literature. We found we are quite low on a few things. Jessi will purchase more literature at Area in September. She will also create a spreadsheet of our literature supply for the future, so we won’t have to do this extensive inventory process again.

 

Treatment Committee: (Joel E.)  –

  • Balance of $80.18
  • Have a couple public events coming up

Website Committee: (Bill D.)

  • Gave receipt for website stuff to treasurer
  • Got meeting lists working on Android, Safari 6 (has not checked 7)

 

Special Events Committee: (Kevin) – Not Present

Sent an expense report:
2013 4th of July Picnic
Expenses                                                                                 Income

Park Rental                  $  100.00                                             7th Tradition                 $   86.75

Ice                               $    14.62                                             Raffle                          $ 248.50

Buckets/Paper  $    23.54                                             Pop                              $ 162.50

Silverware                    $    19.15                                             Donation                      $ 118.00

Music                           $    50.00

Pop                              $    59.78                                             Total                            $ 615.75

Food                            $  220.00

Misc                             $    25.00                                             Coffee Pot                   $   50.00

Bank Charges  $  (50.00)

Total                            $  512.09                                             Total                            $ —-

Beginning Balance       $  662.83

Income            $  615.75

Expenses                     $  512.09

Ending Balance          $  766.49

For more info on all committee reports visit www.LincAA.org.

 

Old Business:

  • Corrections is asking ladies to take a meeting into CCCL.
  • Robin didn’t make it to Special Events committee meeting
    • Dick did see Kevin and asked if he could be at Intergroup. He said maybe.
      • He sent the above expense report.
      • Reminder!!! All committee budgets are due in October to present for groups to review and approve!

New Business:

  • NONE

Meeting closed at 6:50 p.m. and we all gathered for the Serenity Prayer.

The next meeting is Friday, October 25 @ 6:30 p.m. @ Willard Community Center-1245 S. Folsom St.

Thank you for allowing me to be of service.

Posted in Intergroup